Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Comic Life - Comic book creation program

So, many have wondered over the years on how best to go about creating a Diostory layout.  I have seen many over the years, from photoshop layout comic style, to panels layed out on a page one above the other to one picture per page.  With one not really "Better" then the other, I perfer to read my stories in a comic book format.   There are a few different programs out that will help you take your photos and create them in comic format.  I have used both Comic Book Creater and now Comic Life.   While both are great little programs, I have found myself using Comic Life from Plasq a lot lately.  A very simple program to use, I put the Joelanta comic together in about 5 minutes earlier to show what can be done with the program.  You simply pick a template, Drag the photo in from your folder, and add the balloons that you want.  No fancy features here but a very simple program none the less.   The program is fairly cheap at $25 or $30 depending on if you want the deluxe version or not.   This is the program that I am currently using to put together my first full length Dio Story that I hope to premier in the next few weeks.  One last note, this program is fully compatible with Windows 7 as well as a Mac version being available.  I even used this to storyboard the Joe and Smiley movie released at last years Joelanta event.

No comments:

Post a Comment